Sunday 24 February 2019

Beautiful Butterflies

A lovely colour combination - Melon Mambo, Granny Apple Green and Coastal Cabana - from Global Design Project's #177 made me excited to use my new butterflies from Stampin' Up. As a base for the design, I used Fab Friday's latest sketch: #157 (which also enabled me to use the lovely new Stampin' Up doilies). To soften the stamped doily, I die cut another one in vellum as an overlay. I coloured the butterflies using Copic markers - thinking all the while that I really must invest in some Stampin' Up blends!





Ingredients:
Stampin' Up card, (Whisper White, Melon Mambo, Coastal Cabana), ink (Basic Black, Granny Apple Green), stamps (Butterfly Gala, Dear Doily), dies (Doily Builder, Layering Circles), butterfly punch.
Other products: Stazon Black ink, copic markers (B02, YG17, RV29, YG03)

 

5 comments:

  1. What fun butterflies! Love them in these bright cheery colors! Thanks so much for playing at Fab Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my word! This is fabulous! What a great way to use the vellum - doily cut out overlay. The card is amazing and I love the way you've photographed it too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So pretty! Great layering and I love those butterflies! Thanks for joining us at Fab Friday, hope to see you again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well done on the butterfly coloring; they are so bright and cheerful. And I love the doily treatment--perfect to soften a brighter color! Thanks for sharing at Fab Friday!

    ReplyDelete