Saturday 7 July 2018

Flying Banner

I'm really hoping I haven't jinxed my father making this card: he's moving to a retirement village if he can sell his house, and I'm planning to give him this when he does. When I saw CAS(E) this sketch's latest,

 I immediately thought of the charming little plane in the 'In the City' stamp set from Stampin' Up, and wondered if I could use it. CASology's challenge word 'zoom' reinforced my desire, and the colours from Global Design Project - Mint Macaron, Fresh Fig and Grapefruit Grove - gave me the last piece of the puzzle.

I think I'm going to love the new Stampin' Up stampset 'Birthday Backgrounds - it's going to be versatile - here it gives some 'zoom' to the planes.

Card Ingredients:
Stampin' Up ink (Fresh Fig, Basic Black, Mint Macaron), card (Whisper White, Grapefruit Grove, Mint Macaron, Fresh Fig), stamps (Birthday Backgrounds, In the City)

8 comments:

  1. Jo, this is fantastic! I love the 'zoom' on the planes and the flying banner out the back of the jet. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, this is so fun! Fabulous take on the sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful card! Love the use of the movement lines! Thanks for joining us at CASology!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love you trio of planes ... great aerial show. Thanks for joining in the fun as CASology this week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fun card and great use of the sketch! Thanks for sharing with us at CASology!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great take on sketch, I want to go somewhere now!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love those fun little planes. So perfect for our challenge. And, its a really cute way to do the sentiment. Thanks so much for playing along at CASology this week.

    ReplyDelete