Monday 27 August 2018

Cut out flowers

I was struck by the pleasing symmetry of 'Less is More's Challenge #378:
 and 'read' the image as two rectangles rather than four squares. I combined it with the rich colours of CAS Colors and Sketches #286: Mango Melody, Poppy Parade and Merry Merlot. I haven't yet acquired Mango Melody ink, so made do with my closest match - Peekaboo Peach. I stamped the flower image, in black, on the main card, and then (in Merry Merlot) onto card sponged with peekaboo Peach and splashed with water drops for texture. Then I mounted the coloured card onto the plain, matching the images. I used vellum for the sentiment so it would 'float' above the card. 


Ingredients:
Stampin' Up ink (Merry Merlot, Peekaboo Peach, Basic Black), card (Shimmery White), stamps (Awesomely Artistic, Big on Birthdays (sentiment)).
Other Products: My Favourite Things dienamics (Vertical Stitched Stripes), francheville pearls, Derwent watercolour pencil (Poppy Red)


8 comments:

  1. Beautiful Autumnal card, wonderful combination of challenges. Thanks for joining in on the fun at CC&S. Hugs Bev x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great use of the sketch and the colours for the adorable card! Thanks for playing along with us at CAS Colours & Sketches this week. Looking forward to seeing your creative projects in the future galleries again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. SO beautiful! I love the way you've built up a coloured and textured layer over the skeleton, which just peeks through. Very clever.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love how you combined the sketch and colour challenges to make your pretty card. Thank you for joining us for the CC&S challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely card - so well done! Thanks for joining us at CC&S this week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very unique take on the sketch, I love your artistic freedom with it! :) The colored in panels look amazing and I love the black and white stamping in the background. Super design. Thanks for joining us at Less Is More!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your take on the sketch from LIM is fabulous

    Kathyk

    ReplyDelete