Thursday 6 September 2018

Autumn colours and Happy Birthday

It's spring here in New Zealand, but the colours in CAS Colors and Sketch's Challenge #288 (Crushed Curry, Gorgeous Grape and Night of Navy) made me think of autumn. Which actually worked out okay, because it's been pretty cold and miserable for the last week - the daffodils are bowing their pretty heads under driving rain and wind.
I used the latest Global Design Project sketch:
to give a form to those rich colours. I'm glad I bought the latest watercolour pencils from Stampin' Up, since they contain both Night of Navy and Gorgeous Grape - which meant I could use both colours on my flowers. Here's the result:


Ingredients:
Stampin' Up ink (Gorgeous Grape, Night of Navy,) watercolour pencils (Night of Navy, Gorgeous Grape) card (Whisper White, Crushed Curry, Night of Navy), stamps (Love What You Do, Happy Birthday Gorgeous for sentiment), dies (Petals and More)
Other: American Craft twine, francheville pearls, Die-Namics Horizontal Stitched Strips


3 comments:

  1. Wonderful card! Great job with the colors! Thanks for playing along with us at CC&S!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a pretty card. Great use of both colors and sketch. Thanks for playing along with us at CC&S.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous! I really like the way you've carried over the flower onto the sentiment. Looks great.

    ReplyDelete