Tuesday 9 April 2019

Rainbow Love

It was a delight to be chosen as guest designer for Retro Rubber's 'rainbow' challenge - I love this symbol of hope and inclusive love.

I went back to one of my favourite suites - Love Blossoms - which I bought from the October 2016 Occasions Catalogue (all the products are Stampin' Up!, unless otherwise stated). I've enjoyed using this suite many times - it's an old friend.
For this card, I used Shimmery White card as a base. I sponged a rainbow of colours onto card, then die cut the heart from them. I kept the flowers simple, so as not to detract from the heart - although I did use Happiness Blooms Enamel Dots to give their centres a little lift!
I've kept the rest of the card simple as well - because really, what else is needed if you've got a rainbow heart? I made the stitched frame using two Die-namics Stitched Square frames. The simple sentiment is from Jar of Love, from the 2016-2017 Annual Catalogue.
Here's the card:

4 comments:

  1. What a totally beautiful treatment of this fabulous suite. I love what you have done. So glad to have you on board as guest designer again, JoMo.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much - an honour to be selected!

      Delete
  2. I absolutely love this rainbow floral heart, it's stunning JoMo, I can't stop looking at it. I have a similar die, I am SO giving this a go. Great to have you as Guest Designer again. Claire RR DT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Claire- I loved making it!

      Delete