Sunday 20 October 2019

Monarch butterfly card

Hi! The colours of Fab Friday's challenge #174: Basic Black, Pumpkin Pie and Melon Mambo, made me think of Monarch butterflies (down here in NZ where Halloween isn't nearly as much of a thing...), so that's what I went with for this card. As a base, I used the delicious sketch from Freshly Made Sketch's #407:

Here's the card:


Ingredients: 
Stampin' Up! card, (Whisper White, Basic Black, Melon Mambo), in (Basic Black, Melon Mambo), Pumpkin Pie watercolour pencil, stamps, (Butterfly Gala, Petal Palette), dies (Ornate Frames) punch (Butterfly Duet)
Also an embossing folder whose origins are completely mysterious to me, sorry. It just hangs around looking inviting in my stamping stuff. But it's kind of leafy. 

4 comments:

  1. So lovely! I like the way you've tamed the Melon Mambo while still letting it add to the overall effect. Love that textured white space too. The black frame is just delightful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty! I love all those butterflies clustered around your pretty frame. The colors really pop against the white background! Thanks for sharing at Fab Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really like these - I thought butterflies when I saw these colors, too - love the ornate frame with them! Thanks so much for playing at Fab Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How pretty! Your butterflies are stunning, love your design too! Thanks for joining us at Fab Friday, hope to see you again soon!

    ReplyDelete