Wednesday 24 August 2016

CAS Colours and Sketches, Just Add Ink Sketch

My good friend Jan Clothier (Scrapbooking Stuff) has been encouraging me to give blogging another go, and a card making session at her house taught me to look for challenges to combine.
The colour combination at CAS Colours and Sketches for Colour Challenge #187 intrigued me: I absolutely love Sweet Sugarplum but am not quite so fussed about Flirty Flamingo, so thought it was a good chance to try it out. I was also attracted to the Just Add Ink Sketch Challenge #325, so this card is the result.





Made using:
Card: Very Vanilla, Sweet Sugarplum, Flirty Flamingo, Chocolate Chip
Ink: (as above)
Stamps: Grateful Bunch (the lace), Postage Collection - a retired set (the sentiment)
Other: Pansy Punch, Circles Collection Framelits




13 comments:

  1. These colours look beautiful together, Jo (who knew?!). Such a pretty, delicate, card. I'm a bit envious that you got to have a playdate with Jan! Thanks for playing along with us at Just Add Ink this week; hope to see you joining in again, soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel lucky knowing her - she's a bit of a star! Thanks for your kind comment.

      Delete
  2. Great use of the CC&S colours, love the lace stamp. Thanks for playing at CC&S.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your clean use of the sketch Jo, the pretty border detail and pop of colour from the flower is really lovely.
    It sounds like you got to create in lovely company and you should keep blogging if you enjoy it..:0)
    Thanks for sharing with us at Just Add Ink.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like this mix of colours and the boarder is very pretty. Chantell JAI

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pretty card. I love the lace border! Thanks for playing along with us at CC&S!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You did a super job combining the challenges. Thanks so much for making CC&S one of them! I hope you'll join us again soon for another challenge. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good on you for blogging again - so glad you could join us at Just Add Ink. Your card is lovely in it's simplicity.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You know we'll playdate again, right? Thanks for the shout-out. I do love the way you've used the lace but I particularly like the way you've used the pansy punch to create another layer for your sentiment. Did you sponge the edges of the flower?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Yes, I did sponge the edges.

      Delete
    2. Thanks! Yes, I did sponge the edges.

      Delete
  9. CAS perfection! Love the stamped lace detail. Great use of the challenge colours and thanks for joining in at CC&S. Hugs Bev x

    ReplyDelete
  10. That's a gorgeous CAS card! Super use of the sketch and colours. So glad you decided to come back to blogging! Thanks for joining us at CC&S this week. Caro x

    ReplyDelete