Sunday 12 February 2017

Balloon Congratulations

The lovely crisp colours of Global Design Project's GDP#073:
 leant themselves to a crisp, simple design. I found such a design in CAS(E) this Sketch's #208:
I absolutely love the clouds in Stampin' Up's Lift Me Up stamp set, so took the cloud in the sketch literally. I returned to an old favourite, Balloon Celebration, for the balloons, and used a New Zealand koru pattern to emboss. I ended up sponging ink onto white card for the balloons to get the right depth of colour, and I heat embossed the sentiment in black just to add an extra crispness. 





Made Using:
Stampin' Up: Whisper White and Basic Black Paper: Lift Me Up and Balloon Celebration stamp sets, baker's twine, Watermelon Wonder, Daffodil Delight and Emerald Envy inks.
Craft Creations: New Zealand koru embossing folder
American Crafts: Black glitter finish embossing powder.

6 comments:

  1. Crisp, clean and very striking Jo! Love it! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a super cool card! I love the texture of the background; it adds a lot of interest without taking away from the attention on the bright colorful balloons. What a happy card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice take on the sketch. Just might have to try this with a set of balloon stamps I have. Great Job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is great! I love the embossing folder - in this case, it's suggestive of wind. The twine balloon ties is a great twist too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your card - so simple but effective.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the texture you added! Great take on the sketch!

    ReplyDelete