Saturday 4 February 2017

Motorbike Valentine

I sat down at my card table absolutely determined to find a challenge that would enable me to use the 'One Wild Ride' stamp set to make a Valentine's Day card for my motorbike-loving husband - something kind of manly but still a little romantic. I found my inspiration in Stamp, Ink, Paper's Challenge 84: a tic tac toe grid from which I selected red, baker's twine and a circular element.



I'm pleased with the result, but it's extremely hard to photograph - I embossed the bike and xoxo in copper, made the circle from copper foil and used red glimmer paper for the hearts. In 'real life' the copper is quite subtle and the red stands out.
On the inside, I amused myself by combining a very girly, flourishy sentiment with motorbike tracks and a smudged edge in Chocolate chip. A final touch was a motorbike on the envelope.
I hope he likes it!

Made using:
Stampin' Up stamps: One Wild Ride, Bloomin' Love, Beautiful Ride (for the 'action' lines.
Stampin' Up paper: Crumb Cake, Chocolate Chip, copper oil
Other products: Stampin' Up Chocolate Chip ink, copper embossing powder and heart border punch, Rosie's baker's twine, red glimmer paper (maker unknown).

3 comments:

  1. Love your masculine valentines card! You have inspired me to ink this set up. Thank you so much for joining us this week at Stamp Ink Paper:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card! I think maybe that motorbike was made for embossing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you were quite successful....this is a great masculine card using that motorcycle image! Thanks for playing with the SIP challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete