Sunday 4 June 2017

Paisley Elegance

My first decisions for this card were about colour: as soon as I saw the elegance of The Card Concept's 'Freshly Elegant' challenge, I wanted to use those cool, elegant tones, with a bit of gold bling, of course.
I began with the lovely little floral paisley stamp and die, sponged pink and gold embossed, then looked for inspiration about what to do with it, finding what I needed with the CAS(E) this sketch's challenge #224.

 The simplicity of the colours helped to keep the final card CAS, I think.

One of the images looks very pink in tone - I'm not quite sure what I did there!
Made using:
Stampin' Up: Whisper White and Crumbcake paper, Pink Pirouette ink, gold embossing powder, Paisley framelits, Paisleys and Posies and Shake and Celebrate stampsets, enamel dots

6 comments:

  1. Beautiful take on the sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that slightly stylised version of floral. Very pretty interpretation of the colours too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous! I agree that you maintained the CAS look.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the gold! Beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the subdued palette with the stunning gold elements. A real beauty.Thank you so much for joining us at The Card Concept.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I cannot tell you how much I love this card. It is perfect. Perfect colour choice, perfect placement, perfect concept.

    ReplyDelete