Sunday 11 September 2016

Freshly Made Sketches Challenge #252

This card is a homage to my husband, who has recently done the TAT (Trans American Trail) - an off-road traverse of the USA on motorbikes. (Although, instead of saying 'Born to Ride', it probably should say' Born to fall off and break your collarbone and two ribs three days before the end, after riding 9000 kms'.)
Anyway, the red and blue background references the flags of both our countries (I'm from New Zealand), and I chose Dapper Denim and Cherry Cobbler because they're a bit earthier in tone and so suit the off-road experience. That's also why I water-spotted the sponged background. The silver background is - well - I figured even badass off-roaders need a bit of bling.




Made using:
Stampin Up Card: Basic Black, Silver Foil, Whisper White
Ink: Stampin' Up Dapper Denim, Cherry Cobbler, Memento Tuxedo Black
Embossing Powder: American Crafts Zing! Black Glitter Finish
Stamps: Stampin' Up One Wild Ride
Other: Bunch of Banners Framelit Dies, Washi Tape that isn't branded and I got it in a clearance sale.



2 comments:

  1. What a great masculine card. I love that background! Such vivid colours! Great motorcycle! Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good card. Your spotted background works well.

    ReplyDelete