Monday 5 September 2016

Stampin'Royalty SR#344; CAS Colours and Sketches #189 - Colours

Hello from a windy Southern Hemisphere spring day.
The CAS Colours and Sketches colour challenge appealed to me instantly, since I'm a fan of bright colours, but I had to think hard about how to balance them so they didn't 'shout' at each other. I've just bought the Stampin' Up 'Playful Backgrounds' stamp set, so the invitation by Stampin' Royalty to use stripes seemed like a good place to start.
I like the finished product, and will bear its design in mind for future cards.

Made using:
Paper: Whisper White, Real Red, Dapper Denim (realised I don't have Island Indigo and this was the closest I could do).
Ink: Daffodil Delight, Real Red
Stamp: Playful Backgrounds
Thinlits: Hello You
Other: ek tools punch (for flowers), Daffodil Delight enamel shapes

5 comments:

  1. Such a fun card - great job with the colors! Thanks for playing along with us at CC&S!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the cheery little flowers! Thanks for sharing your card with us at CC&S. :) I hope you'll join us again soon for another challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How funny - I started with Playful Backgrounds too, although I didn't get the colours to play nicely together and moved onto another set. I really like how you balanced everything. Thanks so much for joining us at CAS Colours & Sketches this week. Liz x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Go Jo! Congratulations on your first win. I'm sure it won't be your last!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks! I'm extremely pleased - but will have to get you to show me how to add the badge thingy!

    ReplyDelete